I know lots of women and have friends that will not step foot out of the house without wearing some type of makeup, but is it because of insecurities or just habit? That is a personal question you have to answer for yourself before starting your journey to go without makeup! Makeup and beauty products are made & sold to "enhance" your natural beauty, so if we are already beautiful naturally we shouldn't need makeup everyday.
I came up with 8 tips to help you go without makeup:
- Start with the basics. Ask yourself "why do I wear makeup?" Finding the TRUTHFUL answer to that question will help you to reach your goal.
- Set your goal. Will it be for one day, one week, one month, six months, or forever? Make sure you are a setting a realistic goal for yourself.
- Start by removing all of your makeup daily. Make sure you are using a great makeup remover to get eyeliner, and mascara off completely. (I personally use Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover)
- Start a skin care regimen. Cleanse & Moisturize! Exfoliation is imperative to your skin because you want to free your skin and pores form the makeup that has been consistently used on your face. Moisturizing is just as important because you don't want your face to get dry from your exfoliation.
- Get use to seeing yourself makeup free. Take it one day at a time, changing your daily routine and breaking habits takes patience and perseverance.
- Find out what your favorite attributes are without makeup. Do you love your smile, your eyes, your freckles, etc.? Find something you really like about your natural yourself and embrace it.
- Share your journey with family & friends. Let people know that you're taking a step to go natural and you will be surprised at the response and support you will receive. Even if it's just through your social networks!
- Be yourself and find another way to substitute your beauty products. With or without makeup you are YOU. Create a new hairstyle or buy new clothes to make up for not wearing your makeup. You have to find out what else makes you feel good besides makeup!
Rihanna Goes Without Makeup
Beyonce Without Makeup